Nepean News (21 670 876 884) are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information in accordance with The Australian Privacy Principles Guidelines (APP) and The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (The Act).
We respect your rights and will only collect, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy and The Act.
2. What is personal information?
Under The Act, Personal information is any information or an opinion about a person who is reasonably identifiable, or whose identity can be reasonably ascertained from such information or opinion.
3. What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect is on the basis of that information needed to provide various services to you. The information collected includes but may not be limited to:
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Business Categories
- Staff Details
- Information required to provide our goods or services to you
4. How do we collect and store personal information?
We collect personal information in several ways. These include but may not be limited to:
- Phone calls, emails, and other communications to you
- via forms on our website
- All Personal information is stored in within our email hosting providers, our staff computers, and software we utilise to manage and operate our business. These software packages may be provided by third party software providers.
5. Why do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
Personal information is collected to provide services to you as required by your business from time to time. The use of personal information collected, is determined by the circumstances for which the information is needed. Personal information will not be used other than for the purpose in which it was collected, unless your consent is given. Personal information is only disclosed to your business, with which you have an existing relationship. At no point is any personal information disclosed to an unauthorised third party, unless required to do so by law. If personal information is required to be disclosed to a third party, other than at a request at law or in providing services to you, we will obtain your consent first.
6. How can you access your personal information and seek corrections?
To access personal information and seek any necessary correction you must call, write or email us, and we will provide access to that information in accordance with The Act. In certain cases access to personal information may be refused, including where the information relates to any anticipated legal proceedings, or the request for information is frivolous. Any refusal for information will be explained. Amity I.T. reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of not less than $100.00 for providing access to your personal information. Suitable proof of identity must be provided before any access can be provided or communication entered into.
7. Queries and complaints about our handling of personal information
If you have any questions or complaints about our handling of your personal information or believe your personal information is incorrect. Please contact us as per the Contact Details below. We will respond to all questions and complaints.
8. Contact details
Please contact our Privacy Officer with any queries or complaints by:
- Attention: Privacy Officer
- Nepean News
- 92b Station St, Penrith 2750